The Count Down is in Full Swing to Halloween 2016!
Vampire Napkin Rings
Boobecue Sweet Daddy Ribs...Yummy
The Best Grilled Potatoes Ever!
I especially like to use this method for dense-fleshed potatoes like Red Bliss and Yukon Gold. Grilled this way, they have almost the texture of French fries by the time they're done: golden on the outside, fluffy and cakey on the inside.
The best Candy Apple and simply delicious!
- Unsalted butter, for greasing
- 8 Fuji apples
- 3 c. sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1/3 c. light corn syrup
- 1/4 c. cinnamon Red Hots Candies (or 1 tsp. cinnamon extract)
- 1/2 tsp. red food coloring
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with butter; set aside. Remove stems from apples and insert twigs/sticks; set aside.
- Place sugar, water, corn syrup, Red Hots, and food coloring in a heavy-bottom saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Brush down any crystals that may form with water. Once boiled, stop stirring. Insert candy thermometer and continue cooking, without stirring, until mixture reaches 300 degrees F, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove pan from heat and set aside until bubbles subside, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Dip apples into mixture, tilting pan as needed until completely coated. Swirl apple over pan to let excess drip off. Place dipped apples on prepared parchment lined pan and let cool until firm, at least 1 hour.